What are ridged fingernails a sign of?

Ridges in your fingernails can simply be a sign that you are growing older, or they can be a symptom of an underlying medical condition.

Vertical ridges in the nail are common and often increase with age. Horizontal ridges in your nails can be a sign of iron-deficiency anemia or other health conditions. Experts recommend talking to your doctor if you develop unexplained ridges on your nails. 

Continue Learning about Nail Disorders

Should I tell my child's school about their nail disorder?
It may be helpful to tell your child's school about her nail disorder. For example, if your chil...
How do nail disorders affect the body?
Nail disorders can cause pain and discomfort in the area around the nail and can lead to complic...
Do Your Feet Look Good Naked?
Do Your Feet Look Good Naked?
The S.O.S. Guide for Healthy Nails
The S.O.S. Guide for Healthy Nails