What do I need to know about caring for someone with a nail disorder?

Caring for someone with a nail disorder can require grooming their nails, giving them prescribed medication, and following care instructions. It may be necessary to take care of their nails by keeping them trim, clean, and dry. This will not only prevent future nail disorders but can help clear up their current disorder. Treatment of their nail disorder may require the use of oral or topical medication, which may need to be applied directly to the nail or taken orally according to a time schedule laid out by their doctor. Depending on the cause of their nail disorder, the doctor may give care instructions for bandaging the nail, cleaning the affected area, or applying specially formulated clear coat nail polish.

Continue Learning about Nail Disorders

What are some common minor nail injuries and conditions?
Common minor nail injuries and conditions include white spots caused by trauma to the nail, brit...
What other illnesses are linked to nail disorders?
Nail disorders can be a telltale sign of how your body is working. Many illnesses are linked to chan...
The Ugly Side of Manicures
The Ugly Side of Manicures
How Can I Help Prevent Fungal Nail Infections?