Are there coping resources for people with nail disorders?

Coping resources are available for people with nail disorders that are caused by nail biting related to psychological issues. Therapy is a resource for those who pick or rub at their nails because of anxiety or emotional disturbances. Support groups are often helpful for people who need guidance and support to try and stop biting their nails. Nail biting and picking at the area surrounding the nail can lead to infections such as paronychia and trauma that cause nail disorders.

Continue Learning about Nail Disorders

What other illnesses are linked to nail disorders?
Nail disorders can be a telltale sign of how your body is working. Many illnesses are linked to chan...
Should I tell my child's school about their nail disorder?
Most nail disorders in children do not need to be reported to your child's school. You may want to s...
The S.O.S. Guide for Healthy Nails
The S.O.S. Guide for Healthy Nails
The Ugly Side of Manicures
The Ugly Side of Manicures