How does youth onset myopia affect the body?

Youth onset myopia is due to the size and shape of your eye. These factors change how light is reflected on the back of your eye, making images that are far away blurry. In myopia, the eye lens and cornea do not reflect correctly on to the retina, and instead reflect light in front of your retina.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What causes blurry vision while driving at night?
Lee R. Duffner, MDLee R. Duffner, MD
Blurred vision when driving at night indicates that you have probably developed some myopia (nea...
Is youth onset myopia serious?
Youth onset myopia is not extremely serious, but should definitely be treated. An inability to see t...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
What is youth onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Youth onset means that the nearsightedness started d...