How does youth onset myopia affect the body?

Youth onset myopia is due to the size and shape of your eye. These factors change how light is reflected on the back of your eye, making images that are far away blurry. In myopia, the eye lens and cornea do not reflect correctly on to the retina, and instead reflect light in front of your retina.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Are there different types of myopia?
Yes, there are different types of myopia. Myopia is a broad term or diagnosis used to cover vision p...
Is youth onset myopia serious?
Youth onset myopia is not extremely serious, but should definitely be treated. An inability to see t...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
What is myopia?
Curvature myopia affects long-distance vision. People with curvature myopia have a cornea that is cu...