What are the symptoms of youth onset myopia?

The primary symptom of youth onset myopia is difficulty seeing objects clearly that are far away which starts during childhood or adolescence. When it is hard to see, you may squint so that things far away are clearly. You may move closer to things or hold objects closer to yourself to see them clearly. In addition, headaches, frequent blinking, eye rubbing, and difficulty with distance perception may also indicate youth onset myopia.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is late adult onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Late adult onset means that the nearsightedness star...
Is early adult-onset myopia serious?
Early adult-onset myopia is mildly serious and should be treated. An inability to see things clearly...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
What is the rate of incidence of early adult-onset myopia?
Myopia, or nearsightedness, is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the United States. Ear...