What is late adult onset myopia?

Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Late adult onset means that the nearsightedness started during later adulthood, which is considered 40 or older. In myopia, you have difficulty seeing things clearly at a distance, while things close are clear. Myopia is correctable, and may be mild or severe, beginning slowly or quickly.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
What is low myopia?
Low myopia is a mild form of nearsightedness. Myopia can be referred to in degrees of severity: low,...
What is high myopia?
High myopia is a degenerative eye condition that leads to chronic eye disorders. People with a high ...
Does myopia affect adults differently than children?
Myopia can affect anyone at any age. The symptoms and causes of myopia are the same regardless of ag...