What is youth onset myopia?

Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Youth onset means that the nearsightedness started during youth. With myopia, you have difficulty seeing things clearly at a distance, while things close up are clear. Myopia may be mild or severe, and may start slowly or quickly. It is usually correctable.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Is late adult onset myopia serious?
Late adult onset myopia should be taken seriously because of potential problems. An inability to see...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
What is the rate of incidence of early adult-onset myopia?
Myopia, or nearsightedness, is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the United States. Ear...
What causes blurry vision while driving at night?
Lee R. Duffner, MDLee R. Duffner, MD
Blurred vision when driving at night indicates that you have probably developed some myopia (nea...