What is youth onset myopia?

Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Youth onset means that the nearsightedness started during youth. With myopia, you have difficulty seeing things clearly at a distance, while things close up are clear. Myopia may be mild or severe, and may start slowly or quickly. It is usually correctable.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
What is curvature myopia?
Curvature myopia is a form of nearsightedness. People that are nearsighted can see objects that are ...
What is the rate of incidence of early adult-onset myopia?
Myopia, or nearsightedness, is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the United States. Ear...
What is the rate of incidence of youth onset myopia?
The rate of occurrence of myopia in general (not just youth onset) has been increasing. In the past ...