What is low myopia?

Low myopia is a mild form of nearsightedness. Myopia can be referred to in degrees of severity: low, medium, high. Constant blurred long-distance vision is the main symptom of low myopia. Low myopia is a type of refractive error that directs light in front of instead of on the retina. A refractive error can be due to an elongated eyeball or too much curvature of the cornea. Corrective eye glasses and contacts are the most common treatments for refractive errors like low myopia.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
What causes blurry vision while driving at night?
Lee R. Duffner, MDLee R. Duffner, MD
Blurred vision when driving at night indicates that you have probably developed some myopia (nea...
What is myopia?
If you're able to see objects up close better than those that are far away, you may be nearsighted, ...
Is youth onset myopia serious?
Youth onset myopia is not extremely serious, but should definitely be treated. An inability to see t...