What increases my risk for low myopia?

Myopia can be a hereditary condition, having one or two parents with myopia increases your risk. Higher income and educational levels increases your risk for myopia due to career choices that require nearsighted work. Working on computers and engaging in other forms of constant up-close work increases the risk for acquired low myopia.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Is youth onset myopia serious?
Youth onset myopia is not extremely serious, but should definitely be treated. An inability to see t...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
What is high myopia?
High myopia is a degenerative eye condition that leads to chronic eye disorders. People with a high ...
What is low myopia?
Low myopia is a mild form of nearsightedness. Myopia can be referred to in degrees of severity: low,...