What increases my risk for low myopia?

Myopia can be a hereditary condition, having one or two parents with myopia increases your risk. Higher income and educational levels increases your risk for myopia due to career choices that require nearsighted work. Working on computers and engaging in other forms of constant up-close work increases the risk for acquired low myopia.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
Is youth onset myopia serious?
Youth onset myopia is not extremely serious, but should definitely be treated. An inability to see t...
Does late adult onset myopia affect adults differently than children?
Myopia can affect anyone at any age. However, diagnosis of late adult onset myopia indicates that th...
What type of doctor should I see to address youth onset myopia?
There are three types of professionals who provide eye care: ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opt...