What will happen if I'm nearsighted and I don't wear my glasses?

Clinical consensus is that you will not develop more refractive error by not wearing your glasses to correct myopia.  However, it will be difficult to see far away and school or work performance could suffer.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is the rate of incidence of late adult onset myopia?
Late adult onset myopia is diagnosed in people that are over 40 years of age. It is estimated that 2...
Does late adult onset myopia affect adults differently than children?
Myopia can affect anyone at any age. However, diagnosis of late adult onset myopia indicates that th...
Is myopia serious?
Myopia should not be ignored as it can be serious. Myopia is treatable, so talking to your doctor ca...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...