What's the best way to correct or reduce high-degree myopia?

High myopia, or nearsightedness, can be corrected with spectacles, but contact lenses give better vision; both can be made in any prescription. More invasive procedures can be considered for cases of true high myopia in contact-lens-intolerant individuals, including clear-lens extraction and phakic-intraocular lenses, but these procedures may increase the risk of retinal detachment.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Is myopia serious?
Myopia should not be ignored as it can be serious. Myopia is treatable, so talking to your doctor ca...
How common is high myopia?
High myopia is a common cause of blindness. Rate of incidence varies between ethnic groups, with a h...
Does myopia affect adults differently than children?
Myopia can affect anyone at any age. The symptoms and causes of myopia are the same regardless of ag...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...