What's the best way to correct or reduce high-degree myopia?

High myopia, or nearsightedness, can be corrected with spectacles, but contact lenses give better vision; both can be made in any prescription. More invasive procedures can be considered for cases of true high myopia in contact-lens-intolerant individuals, including clear-lens extraction and phakic-intraocular lenses, but these procedures may increase the risk of retinal detachment.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Is early adult-onset myopia related to astigmatism?
Astigmatism is similar to myopia. It is another vision impairment that affects your ability to see t...
Is youth onset myopia serious?
Youth onset myopia is not extremely serious, but should definitely be treated. An inability to see t...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
What is the rate of incidence of youth onset myopia?
The rate of occurrence of myopia in general (not just youth onset) has been increasing. In the past ...