What are the treatment options for youth onset myopia?

There are two main treatment options to address youth onset myopia. The first is glasses or contact lenses. The lenses of the glasses or contacts are designed to correct for the size and shape changes of your eye to help you see things in the distance clearly. The other option is surgery. LASIK surgery may be able to correct the shape of your eye and any vision problems.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Is early adult-onset myopia serious?
Early adult-onset myopia is mildly serious and should be treated. An inability to see things clearly...
What type of doctor should I see to address youth onset myopia?
There are three types of professionals who provide eye care: ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opt...
What is late adult onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Late adult onset means that the nearsightedness star...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...