What are the treatment options for youth onset myopia?

There are two main treatment options to address youth onset myopia. The first is glasses or contact lenses. The lenses of the glasses or contacts are designed to correct for the size and shape changes of your eye to help you see things in the distance clearly. The other option is surgery. LASIK surgery may be able to correct the shape of your eye and any vision problems.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Does late adult onset myopia affect adults differently than children?
Myopia can affect anyone at any age. However, diagnosis of late adult onset myopia indicates that th...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
What is the rate of incidence of myopia?
Myopia is a common vision impairment. It is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the Unite...
What is the rate of incidence of youth onset myopia?
The rate of occurrence of myopia in general (not just youth onset) has been increasing. In the past ...