What are the treatment options for late adult onset myopia?

Late adult onset myopia has two primary treatment options. These include glasses or contact lenses. Either of these assists in correcting for the size and shape of your eye to improve your ability to see at a distance. The other option is surgery. LASIK surgery is commonly used to correct the shape of your eye, improving any vision problems.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is youth onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Youth onset means that the nearsightedness started d...
What is curvature myopia?
Curvature myopia is a form of nearsightedness. People that are nearsighted can see objects that are ...
What is the rate of incidence of late adult onset myopia?
Late adult onset myopia is diagnosed in people that are over 40 years of age. It is estimated that 2...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...