What are the treatment options for curvature myopia?

Curvature myopia is the result of having a cornea that is too curved. An abnormal curve will focus light in front of the retina instead of on it. Treatment is based on refocusing light onto the retina. Eyeglass and contacts are a non-evasive and less expensive way of treating nearsightedness. Refractive surgery to correct the cornea is another treatment option. There are several types of refractive surgery including, LASIK (laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis) and LASEK (laser-assisted subepithelial keratomileusis), which use lasers to cut and reshape the cornea.Other types of refractive surgery include photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) and anterior chamber intraocular lens implant (IOL).

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is the rate of incidence of youth onset myopia?
The rate of occurrence of myopia in general (not just youth onset) has been increasing. In the past ...
Does late adult onset myopia affect adults differently than children?
Myopia can affect anyone at any age. However, diagnosis of late adult onset myopia indicates that th...
What is high myopia?
High myopia is a degenerative eye condition that leads to chronic eye disorders. People with a high ...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...