Should I talk to my doctor about my low myopia symptoms?

If you or your child has symptoms of low myopia, talking to your eye doctor is important. Low myopia can worsen over time if left untreated. Early diagnosis and the use of prescription glasses or contacts help to reduce the risk for more serious eye disorders later in life. Early diagnosis in school-age children is a good way to ensure they can see clearly see the chalkboard and other classroom materials. Without early medical intervention, there is a higher risk of retinal detachment and glaucoma later in life.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is high myopia?
High myopia is a degenerative eye condition that leads to chronic eye disorders. People with a high ...
What is the rate of incidence of late adult onset myopia?
Late adult onset myopia is diagnosed in people that are over 40 years of age. It is estimated that 2...
What is curvature myopia?
Curvature myopia is a form of nearsightedness. People that are nearsighted can see objects that are ...
What is the rate of incidence of myopia?
Myopia is a common vision impairment. It is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the Unite...