Should I talk to my doctor about my low myopia symptoms?

If you or your child has symptoms of low myopia, talking to your eye doctor is important. Low myopia can worsen over time if left untreated. Early diagnosis and the use of prescription glasses or contacts help to reduce the risk for more serious eye disorders later in life. Early diagnosis in school-age children is a good way to ensure they can see clearly see the chalkboard and other classroom materials. Without early medical intervention, there is a higher risk of retinal detachment and glaucoma later in life.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How common is low myopia in the general population?
Low myopia is a common type of refractive error that affects children and adults. The rate of incide...
What is curvature myopia?
Curvature myopia is a form of nearsightedness. People that are nearsighted can see objects that are ...
Are there different types of myopia?
Yes, there are different types of myopia. Myopia is a broad term or diagnosis used to cover vision p...
Is youth onset myopia serious?
Youth onset myopia is not extremely serious, but should definitely be treated. An inability to see t...