Should I talk to my doctor about my low myopia symptoms?

If you or your child has symptoms of low myopia, talking to your eye doctor is important. Low myopia can worsen over time if left untreated. Early diagnosis and the use of prescription glasses or contacts help to reduce the risk for more serious eye disorders later in life. Early diagnosis in school-age children is a good way to ensure they can see clearly see the chalkboard and other classroom materials. Without early medical intervention, there is a higher risk of retinal detachment and glaucoma later in life.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What type of doctor should I see to address youth onset myopia?
There are three types of professionals who provide eye care: ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opt...
What is youth onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Youth onset means that the nearsightedness started d...
How common is low myopia in the general population?
Low myopia is a common type of refractive error that affects children and adults. The rate of incide...
What is late adult onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Late adult onset means that the nearsightedness star...