Should I talk to my doctor about my high myopia symptoms?

If you have symptoms of high myopia, talk to your doctor or an opthamologist (a doctor who specializes in eye conditions). Early diagnosis and treatment for high myopia is an important way to manage symptoms. Because high myopia is a degenerative condition, early treatment is needed to manage the symptoms of any eye disorder that develops, including retinal tears and opening, thinning and stretching of the retina, glaucoma, and cataracts. Without early medical intervention, there is a high risk of retinal detachment and irreversible blindness.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
What is youth onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Youth onset means that the nearsightedness started d...
What is the rate of incidence of myopia?
Myopia is a common vision impairment. It is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the Unite...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...