Should I talk to my doctor about my high myopia symptoms?

If you have symptoms of high myopia, talk to your doctor or an opthamologist (a doctor who specializes in eye conditions). Early diagnosis and treatment for high myopia is an important way to manage symptoms. Because high myopia is a degenerative condition, early treatment is needed to manage the symptoms of any eye disorder that develops, including retinal tears and opening, thinning and stretching of the retina, glaucoma, and cataracts. Without early medical intervention, there is a high risk of retinal detachment and irreversible blindness.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How common is high myopia?
High myopia is a common cause of blindness. Rate of incidence varies between ethnic groups, with a h...
Is early adult-onset myopia related to astigmatism?
Astigmatism is similar to myopia. It is another vision impairment that affects your ability to see t...
What is myopia?
Curvature myopia affects long-distance vision. People with curvature myopia have a cornea that is cu...
Is myopia serious?
Myopia should not be ignored as it can be serious. Myopia is treatable, so talking to your doctor ca...