What are the symptoms of early adult-onset myopia?

The primary symptom of early adult-onset myopia is difficulty seeing objects clearly that are far away. This symptom starts during childhood or adolescence. When it is hard to see, you may squint so that things far away are clearly. You may move closer to things or hold objects closer to yourself to see them clearly. In addition, headaches, frequent blinking, eye rubbing, and difficulty with distance perception may also indicate youth onset myopia.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
How common is low myopia in the general population?
Low myopia is a common type of refractive error that affects children and adults. The rate of incide...
Is youth onset myopia serious?
Youth onset myopia is not extremely serious, but should definitely be treated. An inability to see t...
What is high myopia?
High myopia is a degenerative eye condition that leads to chronic eye disorders. People with a high ...