How is a Snellen Test Chart used to diagnose late adult onset myopia?

The Snellen Test Chart is the eye test you always think of when going to the eye doctor. It is the chart with the letters that get smaller in each row. The eye doctor asks you to cover an eye and read the lines. During this test, you are about 20 feet away from the chart. This is done to evaluate your distance vision, identifying how well you see at 20 feet.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is the rate of incidence of late adult onset myopia?
Late adult onset myopia is diagnosed in people that are over 40 years of age. It is estimated that 2...
Does late adult onset myopia affect adults differently than children?
Myopia can affect anyone at any age. However, diagnosis of late adult onset myopia indicates that th...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
What is high myopia?
High myopia is a degenerative eye condition that leads to chronic eye disorders. People with a high ...