How is a Snellen Test Chart used to diagnose late adult onset myopia?

The Snellen Test Chart is the eye test you always think of when going to the eye doctor. It is the chart with the letters that get smaller in each row. The eye doctor asks you to cover an eye and read the lines. During this test, you are about 20 feet away from the chart. This is done to evaluate your distance vision, identifying how well you see at 20 feet.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
Is early adult-onset myopia serious?
Early adult-onset myopia is mildly serious and should be treated. An inability to see things clearly...
Does late adult onset myopia affect adults differently than children?
Myopia can affect anyone at any age. However, diagnosis of late adult onset myopia indicates that th...
What is myopia?
If you're able to see objects up close better than those that are far away, you may be nearsighted, ...