How is a Snellen Test Chart used to diagnose myopia?

The Snellen Test Chart is the eye chart where you read the letters with one eye covered. The letters get smaller in each row. During this test, you stand approximately 20 feet away from the chart. This is done to evaluate your distance vision, identifying how well you see at 20 feet when compared to the average person.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
Are there different types of myopia?
Yes, there are different types of myopia. Myopia is a broad term or diagnosis used to cover vision p...
Is late adult onset myopia serious?
Late adult onset myopia should be taken seriously because of potential problems. An inability to see...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...