What is the rate of incidence of myopia?

Myopia is a common vision impairment. It is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the United States. The incidence of the various types of myopia associated with the age of onset varies. Youth onset myopia, which occurs between the ages of 5 and 20 years, is the most common type of myopia.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How common is high myopia?
High myopia is a common cause of blindness. Rate of incidence varies between ethnic groups, with a h...
What is low myopia?
Low myopia is a mild form of nearsightedness. Myopia can be referred to in degrees of severity: low,...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
Is myopia serious?
Myopia should not be ignored as it can be serious. Myopia is treatable, so talking to your doctor ca...