How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?

To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare a list of your symptoms including when symptoms began and how they have changed since your last eye doctor appointment. Also mention any prescription medication you are taking. If you currently wear prescription glasses or contact, bring them with you. Your doctor will use magnifying tools to exam the cornea, lens, retina macula, and the back wall of each eye. They may also dilate your eyes to make it easier to see any scaring, openings, or tears within the eyes.

Because your eyes may be extra-sensitive to light after the exam, you may want to bring a family member or friend or arrange for transportation after the examination.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
What type of doctor should I see to address youth onset myopia?
There are three types of professionals who provide eye care: ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opt...
What is high myopia?
High myopia is a degenerative eye condition that leads to chronic eye disorders. People with a high ...
Is youth onset myopia serious?
Youth onset myopia is not extremely serious, but should definitely be treated. An inability to see t...