Does myopia affect children differently than adults?

Myopia can affect anyone at any age. Children with myopia should be watched to maintain proper eye care and to ensure glasses and contacts are worn according to the doctor's orders. Myopia might affect an elderly patient differently and should be monitored for age-related complications.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is the rate of incidence of myopia?
Myopia is a common vision impairment. It is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the Unite...
Is late adult onset myopia serious?
Late adult onset myopia should be taken seriously because of potential problems. An inability to see...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
Is early adult-onset myopia related to astigmatism?
Astigmatism is similar to myopia. It is another vision impairment that affects your ability to see t...