Does myopia affect children differently than adults?

Myopia can affect anyone at any age. Children with myopia should be watched to maintain proper eye care and to ensure glasses and contacts are worn according to the doctor's orders. Myopia might affect an elderly patient differently and should be monitored for age-related complications.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
Does myopia affect adults differently than children?
Myopia can affect anyone at any age. The symptoms and causes of myopia are the same regardless of ag...
What is the rate of incidence of early adult-onset myopia?
Myopia, or nearsightedness, is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the United States. Ear...
What is youth onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Youth onset means that the nearsightedness started d...