Does myopia affect adults differently than children?

Myopia can affect anyone at any age. The symptoms and causes of myopia are the same regardless of age. However, the highest incidences of myopia are in younger people. Myopia occurs in 25-35 percent of young adults and 20-25 percent of school-age children and teenagers. Therefore, it is more common in younger people than older adults.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
What is early adult-onset myopia?
Myopiais the medical term for nearsightedness.Early adult-onsetmeans that the nearsightedness starte...
Is early adult-onset myopia serious?
Early adult-onset myopia is mildly serious and should be treated. An inability to see things clearly...
Does late adult onset myopia affect adults differently than children?
Myopia can affect anyone at any age. However, diagnosis of late adult onset myopia indicates that th...