How do I manage my late adult onset myopia on a daily basis?

All types of myopia are managed the same way. Once you are diagnosed with myopia, your doctor will discuss your treatment options. If you choose glasses or contacts, wear them daily as your doctor directs. Corrective lenses will help you to see objects in the distance more clearly. If objects become blurry, you should contact your doctor for another eye exam to determine what is happening. If you have had corrective eye surgery, you should not have any daily issues once your eyes have healed.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
What is the rate of incidence of youth onset myopia?
The rate of occurrence of myopia in general (not just youth onset) has been increasing. In the past ...
What is the rate of incidence of early adult-onset myopia?
Myopia, or nearsightedness, is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the United States. Ear...
Is early adult-onset myopia related to astigmatism?
Astigmatism is similar to myopia. It is another vision impairment that affects your ability to see t...