Is low myopia more common in men or women?

Some studies suggest that myopia is more common in women than men. Reported cases are also more common in girls than boys. Myopia does run in families and environmental factors can also affect the prevalence of myopia in the population.

The overall rate of myopia is increasing around the world. About 30 percent of adults between the ages of 20-45 have some degree of myopia.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is early adult-onset myopia?
Myopiais the medical term for nearsightedness.Early adult-onsetmeans that the nearsightedness starte...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
Are there different types of myopia?
Yes, there are different types of myopia. Myopia is a broad term or diagnosis used to cover vision p...
Is late adult onset myopia serious?
Late adult onset myopia should be taken seriously because of potential problems. An inability to see...