Can late adult onset myopia be prevented?

No, late adult onset myopia cannot be prevented. There has not been a method identified to prevent myopia. Nothing has been found to prevent changes to the shape or size of your eye or how light refracts inside your eye.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
What is youth onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Youth onset means that the nearsightedness started d...
What is the rate of incidence of myopia?
Myopia is a common vision impairment. It is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the Unite...
Is myopia serious?
Myopia should not be ignored as it can be serious. Myopia is treatable, so talking to your doctor ca...