Does late adult onset myopia affect adults differently than children?

Myopia can affect anyone at any age. However, diagnosis of late adult onset myopia indicates that the myopia started after the age of 40. This means that children would not be diagnosed with late adult onset myopia. Only individuals over the age of 40 are diagnosed with this type of myopia.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How common is high myopia?
High myopia is a common cause of blindness. Rate of incidence varies between ethnic groups, with a h...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
Is early adult-onset myopia related to astigmatism?
Astigmatism is similar to myopia. It is another vision impairment that affects your ability to see t...
What type of doctor should I see to address youth onset myopia?
There are three types of professionals who provide eye care: ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opt...