Does late adult onset myopia affect adults differently than children?

Myopia can affect anyone at any age. However, diagnosis of late adult onset myopia indicates that the myopia started after the age of 40. This means that children would not be diagnosed with late adult onset myopia. Only individuals over the age of 40 are diagnosed with this type of myopia.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Is early adult-onset myopia serious?
Early adult-onset myopia is mildly serious and should be treated. An inability to see things clearly...
What is high myopia?
High myopia is a degenerative eye condition that leads to chronic eye disorders. People with a high ...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
What is curvature myopia?
Curvature myopia is a form of nearsightedness. People that are nearsighted can see objects that are ...