LASIK surgery is a procedure that can correct eye impairments, including youth onset myopia. In LASIK surgery, a doctor alters the shape of the eye. This allows light to reflect on the retina, instead of in front of it as in myopia. LASIK would correct the nearsightedness and would remove the need to wear glasses or contacts. You should be aware though that corrective eye surgery is not generally recommended for those under 18.
- Q Are there alternative treatments for myopia?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for high myopia?
- Q How does LASIK surgery treat myopia?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for low myopia?
- Q Is there a cure for late adult onset myopia?
- Q What are the treatment options for high myopia?