LASIK surgery is a procedure that can correct eye impairments, including youth onset myopia. In LASIK surgery, a doctor alters the shape of the eye. This allows light to reflect on the retina, instead of in front of it as in myopia. LASIK would correct the nearsightedness and would remove the need to wear glasses or contacts. You should be aware though that corrective eye surgery is not generally recommended for those under 18.
- Q Are there alternative treatments for curvature myopia?
- Q What type of doctor should I see to treat myopia?
- Q How is myopia treated?
- Q What are the treatment options for early adult-onset myopia?
- Q How do medications treat early adult-onset myopia?
- Q Can a high degree of myopia be cured?