Is myopia serious?

Myopia should not be ignored as it can be serious. Myopia is treatable, so talking to your doctor can make a difference. An inability to see things clearly at a distance can affect your safety, as well as your ability to participate in activities that require distance vision. If your myopia is serious, you have an increased risk of getting glaucoma or a detached retina. If left untreated, myopia can get worse.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
What is high myopia?
High myopia is a degenerative eye condition that leads to chronic eye disorders. People with a high ...
Is early adult-onset myopia serious?
Early adult-onset myopia is mildly serious and should be treated. An inability to see things clearly...
Does late adult onset myopia affect adults differently than children?
Myopia can affect anyone at any age. However, diagnosis of late adult onset myopia indicates that th...