What increases my risk for curvature myopia?

Curvature myopia can be congenital. The risk for congenital or acquired curvature myopia increases if one or both parents are nearsighted. Adults have an increased risk of developing myopia if they do a lot of work in front of a computer screen or other item that requires up close visual concentration.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
What is the rate of incidence of youth onset myopia?
The rate of occurrence of myopia in general (not just youth onset) has been increasing. In the past ...
Is myopia serious?
Myopia should not be ignored as it can be serious. Myopia is treatable, so talking to your doctor ca...
Does late adult onset myopia affect adults differently than children?
Myopia can affect anyone at any age. However, diagnosis of late adult onset myopia indicates that th...