What is the rate of incidence of early adult-onset myopia?

Myopia, or nearsightedness, is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the United States. Early adult-onset myopia is diagnosed between 20 and 40 years of age. It is estimated that 8 percent of the people in the United States have been diagnosed with early adult-onset myopia.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
Is early adult-onset myopia serious?
Early adult-onset myopia is mildly serious and should be treated. An inability to see things clearly...
Is youth onset myopia serious?
Youth onset myopia is not extremely serious, but should definitely be treated. An inability to see t...
Are there different types of myopia?
Yes, there are different types of myopia. Myopia is a broad term or diagnosis used to cover vision p...