What is the rate of incidence of early adult-onset myopia?

Myopia, or nearsightedness, is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the United States. Early adult-onset myopia is diagnosed between 20 and 40 years of age. It is estimated that 8 percent of the people in the United States have been diagnosed with early adult-onset myopia.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is high myopia?
High myopia is a degenerative eye condition that leads to chronic eye disorders. People with a high ...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
What is early adult-onset myopia?
Myopiais the medical term for nearsightedness.Early adult-onsetmeans that the nearsightedness starte...
How common is high myopia?
High myopia is a common cause of blindness. Rate of incidence varies between ethnic groups, with a h...