How do other illnesses affect early adult-onset myopia?

Early adult-onset myopia does not necessarily affect other illnesses, but it can lead to more serious problems. Myopia can cause headaches. In addition, more serious vision problems such as glaucoma or a detached retina can develop. Certain autoimmune disorders or medications may prevent surgery for the condition.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is late adult onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Late adult onset means that the nearsightedness star...
What is the rate of incidence of youth onset myopia?
The rate of occurrence of myopia in general (not just youth onset) has been increasing. In the past ...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...