How do other illnesses affect youth onset myopia?

Youth onset myopia does not necessarily affect other illnesses, but it can lead to more serious problems. Myopia can cause headaches. In addition, more serious vision problems can be related to it, such as glaucoma or a detached retina. Some people will not be candidates for eye surgery because of medical conditions they may have, such as certain autoimmune disorders or who use certain medications.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
How common is low myopia in the general population?
Low myopia is a common type of refractive error that affects children and adults. The rate of incide...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
Is early adult-onset myopia serious?
Early adult-onset myopia is mildly serious and should be treated. An inability to see things clearly...