How is youth onset myopia diagnosed?

An eye doctor will be able to diagnosis youth onset myopia through an eye exam. The doctor will use an eye chart, shine light into the eyes, and possibly dilate the eyes. In addition, your doctor may ask you about symptoms you are experiencing such as difficulty seeing far away, headaches, and eye blinking.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What type of doctor should I see to address youth onset myopia?
There are three types of professionals who provide eye care: ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opt...
How common is high myopia?
High myopia is a common cause of blindness. Rate of incidence varies between ethnic groups, with a h...
What is late adult onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Late adult onset means that the nearsightedness star...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...