How do I manage my low myopia on a daily basis?

Low myopia is a mild form of nearsightedness that can be managed by wearing prescription glasses or contacts on a daily basis, particularly for activities that require long-distance vision such as driving. Wearing sunglasses, avoiding poor lighting, and eating healthy can help to prevent worsening of your low myopia symptoms.

Remember to talk to your eye doctor if new symptoms develop or your prescription glasses aren't effective. Over time, your low myopia symptoms can change. Regular eye exams are a good way to manage your overall eye health.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What causes blurry vision while driving at night?
Lee R. Duffner, MDLee R. Duffner, MD
Blurred vision when driving at night indicates that you have probably developed some myopia (nea...
What is the rate of incidence of late adult onset myopia?
Late adult onset myopia is diagnosed in people that are over 40 years of age. It is estimated that 2...
How common is low myopia in the general population?
Low myopia is a common type of refractive error that affects children and adults. The rate of incide...
What is high myopia?
High myopia is a degenerative eye condition that leads to chronic eye disorders. People with a high ...