How do I manage my high myopia on a daily basis?

High myopia is a serious eye condition that affects long-distance vision as well as the long-term ocular health. Using corrective eye glasses, contacts can help you to see objects more clearly. Wearing sunglasses, avoiding poor lighting, and eating healthy are important ways to protect the health of your eyes. It's also important to talk you eye doctor when new symptoms develop. Early treatment for each symptom is a vital to preventing retinal detachment, which can lead to irreversible blindness.

If you are emotional and mentally affected by your high myopia, it's important to seek support from family, friends, and support groups to help manager your concerns.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is youth onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Youth onset means that the nearsightedness started d...
What type of doctor should I see to address youth onset myopia?
There are three types of professionals who provide eye care: ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opt...
Are there different types of myopia?
Yes, there are different types of myopia. Myopia is a broad term or diagnosis used to cover vision p...
What is the rate of incidence of late adult onset myopia?
Late adult onset myopia is diagnosed in people that are over 40 years of age. It is estimated that 2...