How do I manage my high myopia on a daily basis?

High myopia is a serious eye condition that affects long-distance vision as well as the long-term ocular health. Using corrective eye glasses, contacts can help you to see objects more clearly. Wearing sunglasses, avoiding poor lighting, and eating healthy are important ways to protect the health of your eyes. It's also important to talk you eye doctor when new symptoms develop. Early treatment for each symptom is a vital to preventing retinal detachment, which can lead to irreversible blindness.

If you are emotional and mentally affected by your high myopia, it's important to seek support from family, friends, and support groups to help manager your concerns.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Is late adult onset myopia serious?
Late adult onset myopia should be taken seriously because of potential problems. An inability to see...
Is youth onset myopia serious?
Youth onset myopia is not extremely serious, but should definitely be treated. An inability to see t...
Is myopia serious?
Myopia should not be ignored as it can be serious. Myopia is treatable, so talking to your doctor ca...
What is myopia?
Curvature myopia affects long-distance vision. People with curvature myopia have a cornea that is cu...