How does low myopia affect the eyes?

Low myopia affects ocular health in mild ways. Although objects in the distance appeared blurred, corrective eye glasses or contacts can correct this mild refractive error. Without diagnosis and treatment, low myopia can worsen and lead to chronic eye strain, retinal tears, glaucoma, headaches, and sensitivity to light.

Low myopia can affect the eyes in serious ways if this degree of myopia worsens to medium or high myopia. The risk for retinal detachment increases as the degree of myopia increases.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
What is late adult onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Late adult onset means that the nearsightedness star...
What type of doctor should I see to address youth onset myopia?
There are three types of professionals who provide eye care: ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opt...
Are there different types of myopia?
Yes, there are different types of myopia. Myopia is a broad term or diagnosis used to cover vision p...