How is curvature myopia diagnosed?

Curvature myopia is diagnosed during an eye examination. Beginning with a series of sight tests, an opthamologist will check the shape and health of the eyes. The Snellen chart - a chart with rows of letters that decrease in size - is commonly used to test the vision. Based on the results of the Snellen test your vision is rated as a fraction; the top number representing what you're able to clearly see at 20 feet. The higher the denominator (bottom number) the less able you're to see objects farther than 20 feet away. Doctors also use magnifying machines to look inside the eyes.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Is youth onset myopia serious?
Youth onset myopia is not extremely serious, but should definitely be treated. An inability to see t...
What is late adult onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Late adult onset means that the nearsightedness star...
Is myopia serious?
Myopia should not be ignored as it can be serious. Myopia is treatable, so talking to your doctor ca...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...