How is curvature myopia diagnosed?

Curvature myopia is diagnosed during an eye examination. Beginning with a series of sight tests, an opthamologist will check the shape and health of the eyes. The Snellen chart - a chart with rows of letters that decrease in size - is commonly used to test the vision. Based on the results of the Snellen test your vision is rated as a fraction; the top number representing what you're able to clearly see at 20 feet. The higher the denominator (bottom number) the less able you're to see objects farther than 20 feet away. Doctors also use magnifying machines to look inside the eyes.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
What is the rate of incidence of youth onset myopia?
The rate of occurrence of myopia in general (not just youth onset) has been increasing. In the past ...
Is early adult-onset myopia related to astigmatism?
Astigmatism is similar to myopia. It is another vision impairment that affects your ability to see t...