What do I need to know about caring for someone with myopia?

If someone you are caring for has myopia, remind them to wear their glasses or contact lenses. Corrective lenses assist them to see clearly things that are far away. If the person starts to experience vision changes, headaches, or other problems, it is time to visit the eye doctor.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is the rate of incidence of myopia?
Myopia is a common vision impairment. It is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the Unite...
What is the rate of incidence of youth onset myopia?
The rate of occurrence of myopia in general (not just youth onset) has been increasing. In the past ...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
What is late adult onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Late adult onset means that the nearsightedness star...