What do I need to know about caring for someone with myopia?

If someone you are caring for has myopia, remind them to wear their glasses or contact lenses. Corrective lenses assist them to see clearly things that are far away. If the person starts to experience vision changes, headaches, or other problems, it is time to visit the eye doctor.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is the rate of incidence of early adult-onset myopia?
Myopia, or nearsightedness, is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the United States. Ear...
What causes blurry vision while driving at night?
Lee R. Duffner, MDLee R. Duffner, MD
Blurred vision when driving at night indicates that you have probably developed some myopia (nea...
What type of doctor should I see to address youth onset myopia?
There are three types of professionals who provide eye care: ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opt...
Is late adult onset myopia serious?
Late adult onset myopia should be taken seriously because of potential problems. An inability to see...