What do I need to know about caring for someone with myopia?

If someone you are caring for has myopia, remind them to wear their glasses or contact lenses. Corrective lenses assist them to see clearly things that are far away. If the person starts to experience vision changes, headaches, or other problems, it is time to visit the eye doctor.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
What is the rate of incidence of youth onset myopia?
The rate of occurrence of myopia in general (not just youth onset) has been increasing. In the past ...
What is high myopia?
High myopia is a degenerative eye condition that leads to chronic eye disorders. People with a high ...
How common is low myopia in the general population?
Low myopia is a common type of refractive error that affects children and adults. The rate of incide...