What should I know to care for someone with low myopia?

When caring for someone with low myopia it's important to remember that their myopia causes objects in the distance to appear blurry. Driving and other activities that require long-distance vision can be affected by their low myopia. Encourage lifestyle choices that protect their ocular health, including wearing sunglasses and eating foods rich in vitamin A and beta-carotene. Discourage smoking, wearing other people's prescription glasses, and working under poor lighting.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How common is high myopia?
High myopia is a common cause of blindness. Rate of incidence varies between ethnic groups, with a h...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
What is curvature myopia?
Curvature myopia is a form of nearsightedness. People that are nearsighted can see objects that are ...
What is early adult-onset myopia?
Myopiais the medical term for nearsightedness.Early adult-onsetmeans that the nearsightedness starte...