What should I know to care for someone with low myopia?

When caring for someone with low myopia it's important to remember that their myopia causes objects in the distance to appear blurry. Driving and other activities that require long-distance vision can be affected by their low myopia. Encourage lifestyle choices that protect their ocular health, including wearing sunglasses and eating foods rich in vitamin A and beta-carotene. Discourage smoking, wearing other people's prescription glasses, and working under poor lighting.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is late adult onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Late adult onset means that the nearsightedness star...
What is the rate of incidence of myopia?
Myopia is a common vision impairment. It is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the Unite...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
Is early adult-onset myopia related to astigmatism?
Astigmatism is similar to myopia. It is another vision impairment that affects your ability to see t...