Is early adult-onset myopia serious?

Early adult-onset myopia is mildly serious and should be treated. An inability to see things clearly at a distance can affect your safety, as well as your ability to participate in activities that require distance vision. If your myopia is very serious, you have an increased risk of developing glaucoma. Another risk of myopia is the potential for having a detached retina which is also a serious condition. If left untreated, myopia can get worse.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
What is the rate of incidence of youth onset myopia?
The rate of occurrence of myopia in general (not just youth onset) has been increasing. In the past ...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
How common is low myopia in the general population?
Low myopia is a common type of refractive error that affects children and adults. The rate of incide...