Does myopia always get progressive worse in children?

Myopia does get worse progressively in children or teens. This type of myopia, diagnosed between the ages of 5 and 20 years, is referred to as youth onset myopia. On average, changes are noticed after about 6 months. By mid to late teens, the progression slows down or stops.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is high myopia?
High myopia is a degenerative eye condition that leads to chronic eye disorders. People with a high ...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
Does late adult onset myopia affect adults differently than children?
Myopia can affect anyone at any age. However, diagnosis of late adult onset myopia indicates that th...
Is early adult-onset myopia related to astigmatism?
Astigmatism is similar to myopia. It is another vision impairment that affects your ability to see t...