Should I talk to my doctor about symptoms of youth onset myopia?

Yes, you should talk to your doctor if your child experiences symptoms of youth onset myopia. Diagnosis is quick, and treatment may involve glasses, which will improve your child's ability to see and participate in activities without squinting. For children in school, it will enable them to see the front of the classroom and teacher easier, enhancing their ability to learn. Talking to your doctor and being treated can also reduce headaches you may be experiencing.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is the rate of incidence of early adult-onset myopia?
Myopia, or nearsightedness, is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the United States. Ear...
What is myopia?
If you're able to see objects up close better than those that are far away, you may be nearsighted, ...
What is late adult onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Late adult onset means that the nearsightedness star...
What is early adult-onset myopia?
Myopiais the medical term for nearsightedness.Early adult-onsetmeans that the nearsightedness starte...