Should I talk to my doctor about symptoms of youth onset myopia?

Yes, you should talk to your doctor if your child experiences symptoms of youth onset myopia. Diagnosis is quick, and treatment may involve glasses, which will improve your child's ability to see and participate in activities without squinting. For children in school, it will enable them to see the front of the classroom and teacher easier, enhancing their ability to learn. Talking to your doctor and being treated can also reduce headaches you may be experiencing.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Is myopia serious?
Myopia should not be ignored as it can be serious. Myopia is treatable, so talking to your doctor ca...
What is low myopia?
Low myopia is a mild form of nearsightedness. Myopia can be referred to in degrees of severity: low,...
What is late adult onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Late adult onset means that the nearsightedness star...
What is youth onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Youth onset means that the nearsightedness started d...