Should I talk to my doctor about my curvature myopia symptoms?

If you or your child has symptoms of curvature myopia, talk to your doctor or an opthamologist (an opthamologist is a doctor who specializes in eye conditions).

It's important to diagnosis myopia early because it can affect a child's performance in school. Common symptoms of myopia include one or more of the following:

• difficulty seeing objects far away
  • frequent squinting and/or blinking
  • headaches due to eye strain

If you need to hold object up-close up, sit near the television or toward the front of a classroom to see the chalkboard or a presentation, talk to your doctor. The doctor or ophthalmologist will be able to treat the condition with eye glasses or contacts.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is curvature myopia?
Curvature myopia is a form of nearsightedness. People that are nearsighted can see objects that are ...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...