Can curvature myopia be prevented?

Curvature myopia - nearsightedness is a natural process of growing and aging that cannot be prevented. Nearsightedness can be congenital or develop gradually over time. Sitting too closely or holding objects closely to the eyes does not cause curvature myopia in children. However, adults do have an increased risk of developing myopia if they do a lot of work that requires up close visual concentration.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is low myopia?
Low myopia is a mild form of nearsightedness. Myopia can be referred to in degrees of severity: low,...
Does myopia affect adults differently than children?
Myopia can affect anyone at any age. The symptoms and causes of myopia are the same regardless of ag...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
Is youth onset myopia serious?
Youth onset myopia is not extremely serious, but should definitely be treated. An inability to see t...