Can curvature myopia be cured?

Curvature myopia can be cured with refractive surgery. Refractive surgery uses lasers or implants to correct nearsightedness. The most common type of refractive surgery is called LASIK (laser-assisted subepithelial keratomileusis), which uses a laser to cut and remove layers of the cornea. Other types of refractive surgery use lens implants. Refractive surgery does pose some risks including vision loss, scarring of the cornea, infection, and difficulty with night vision.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is myopia?
If you're able to see objects up close better than those that are far away, you may be nearsighted, ...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
Is early adult-onset myopia related to astigmatism?
Astigmatism is similar to myopia. It is another vision impairment that affects your ability to see t...