Can curvature myopia be cured?

Curvature myopia can be cured with refractive surgery. Refractive surgery uses lasers or implants to correct nearsightedness. The most common type of refractive surgery is called LASIK (laser-assisted subepithelial keratomileusis), which uses a laser to cut and remove layers of the cornea. Other types of refractive surgery use lens implants. Refractive surgery does pose some risks including vision loss, scarring of the cornea, infection, and difficulty with night vision.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is the rate of incidence of youth onset myopia?
The rate of occurrence of myopia in general (not just youth onset) has been increasing. In the past ...
What type of doctor should I see to address youth onset myopia?
There are three types of professionals who provide eye care: ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opt...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
How common is high myopia?
High myopia is a common cause of blindness. Rate of incidence varies between ethnic groups, with a h...