Can curvature myopia affect children differently than adults?

Curvature myopia can affect children differently than adults. Children who are nearsighted can have difficulty reading and seeing the chalkboard. Myopia affects people, in general, differently. The degree of nearsightedness is based on the curve of the cornea. Symptoms can range from mild squinting to chronic blinking and persistent headaches from eye strain.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is curvature myopia?
Curvature myopia is a form of nearsightedness. People that are nearsighted can see objects that are ...
Is late adult onset myopia serious?
Late adult onset myopia should be taken seriously because of potential problems. An inability to see...
How common is high myopia?
High myopia is a common cause of blindness. Rate of incidence varies between ethnic groups, with a h...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...