Is there a cure for youth onset myopia?

Although referred to as corrected instead of cured, youth onset myopia can be improved. Corrective vision surgery can and should correct nearsightedness. It will improve your vision so that you do not need to wear glasses or contacts. Glasses and contact lenses also correct myopia, but these are not permanent corrections. As soon as you remove your glasses, objects at a distance will appear blurry.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
What is high myopia?
High myopia is a degenerative eye condition that leads to chronic eye disorders. People with a high ...
Does late adult onset myopia affect adults differently than children?
Myopia can affect anyone at any age. However, diagnosis of late adult onset myopia indicates that th...
How common is low myopia in the general population?
Low myopia is a common type of refractive error that affects children and adults. The rate of incide...