Can contact lenses prevent nearsightedness from getting worse?

Some people have been led to believe that wearing contact lenses will permanently correct nearsightedness so that eventually they won’t need either contacts or eyeglasses.
There is no evidence that wearing contact lenses produces a permanent improvement in vision or prevents nearsightedness from getting worse.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
Are there different types of myopia?
Yes, there are different types of myopia. Myopia is a broad term or diagnosis used to cover vision p...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
What is high myopia?
High myopia is a degenerative eye condition that leads to chronic eye disorders. People with a high ...