Does using a computer increase my chance of developing myopia?

There is evidence to support doing work that is performed close to your eyes increases your risk of developing myopia. Reading, needlepoint, and other hobbies may also increase your risk of developing myopia. Activities that require close up work and use of your eyes may contribute to changes in your vision.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is the rate of incidence of late adult onset myopia?
Late adult onset myopia is diagnosed in people that are over 40 years of age. It is estimated that 2...
What is curvature myopia?
Curvature myopia is a form of nearsightedness. People that are nearsighted can see objects that are ...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
Are there different types of myopia?
Yes, there are different types of myopia. Myopia is a broad term or diagnosis used to cover vision p...