Does using a computer increase my chance of developing myopia?

There is evidence to support doing work that is performed close to your eyes increases your risk of developing myopia. Reading, needlepoint, and other hobbies may also increase your risk of developing myopia. Activities that require close up work and use of your eyes may contribute to changes in your vision.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is the rate of incidence of early adult-onset myopia?
Myopia, or nearsightedness, is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the United States. Ear...
Is youth onset myopia serious?
Youth onset myopia is not extremely serious, but should definitely be treated. An inability to see t...
What type of doctor should I see to address youth onset myopia?
There are three types of professionals who provide eye care: ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opt...
What is the rate of incidence of youth onset myopia?
The rate of occurrence of myopia in general (not just youth onset) has been increasing. In the past ...